A global pharmaceutical manufacturer implemented a Learning Management System (LMS) and sought to maximize system use among its 18,000 employees worldwide. With a global audience, each of their locations needed to use the system in their own way to support unique courses, curricula and certification programs. A training effort was needed to train the workforce that was to serve as administrators of the newly implemented LMS.
Five Star joined the client to rollout the LMS to eight locations across the US, Europe and Australia. Tasks included assessing preparedness for the LMS rollout and engaging the rollout locations to catalog existing courses. In preparation for on-site LMS administrator and other content owner training, the following materials and services were created:
- Comprehensive rollout plan, including a process map
- Full communications plan to assure consistent messaging delivery across sites
- Online survey to assess rollout readiness
- Pre- and post-training site phone interviews and conferences
Using a blended learning approach, the following solutions were developed:
- Web-based readiness presentation
- Admin training eLearning course
- Instructor-led training on-site at each location
- Go-live support
- Best Practice guide
- Job aids
Following a systematic approach and developing useful training tools, Five Star consultants successfully trained approximately 75 global LMS administrators in 8 locations around the world.