The Student Pathways application (SPA), part of the GPSTEM initiative, helps job-seekers and prospective students make informed decisions about career options — matching individual interests and skills with programs and careers. Factoring in the individual’s unique needs, expectations and preferences, the application identifies nearby Massachusetts Community Colleges with relevant academic programs that match career preferences.
In addition to aligning individual interests, goals and college offerings, the application is supported by current labor market information. As a result, site visitors receive a customized online experience that culminates with a detailed action plan tailored to their personal career and academic objectives, furthering their educational and professional growth — while driving program interest and student enrollment within the college system.
Technology can be the solution…
At a high-level, SPA:
- Promotes and drives prospective students to the application
- Assesses experiences, preferences and unique needs
- Presents prospective students with high-demand jobs in the region
- Identifies applicable, local college programs and offerings
- Delivers a personalized action plan outlining next steps
- Provides administrators with data and insight into academic and occupational preferences
… to getting students in the right programs and on the path to success.
As one layer of GPSTEM, SPA can work in partnership with the Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) platform to identify if a prospective student is able to obtain credits for the particular program they select.
Click on the links below to expand the solution highlights. As you explore, keep in mind that Five Star develops custom solutions — features can be altered, adjusted, added or removed based on individual client needs.