Forbes tech contributor Bernard Marr highlighted his top 9 technology trends for 2018.
“Some tech trends fizzle out before year-end, while others are so significant that they transform our world and how we live in it.”
- Trend 1: The ever-expanding role of big data
- Trend 2: The Internet of Things (IoT) and increasing device power.
- Trend 3: Exponential growth in computing power, leading to quantum computing
- Trend 4: The rise of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Trend 5: Automation
- Trend 6: 3D printing and its impact on the manufacturing industry
- Trend 7: Changes in how humans interact with technology
- Trend 8: Blockchain technology
- Trend 9: Platforms and their implications in business.
So, what's next?
These technology megatrends have a clear focus on emerging technologies that address real-world problems, especially those that manage to harness the huge amounts of data that are becoming available. These trends have strong implications across a wide range of industries. They affect everyone from manufacturer’s supply chains to tech companies that specialize in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR).
Click here to read the full expanded list of the nine technological trends that will change the world in 2018.